Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fair Weather and Eco-Friendly Commutes

As a Bay Area Green Business, we think a lot about Eco-friendly homes and Green lifestyles. Using our Realtor cars less is a great way to lower our carbon footprint. It only takes me thirty minutes to walk to work, and I often much more relaxed than after the five minute drive. Still, I am a creature of comfort. I hate to admit to being Mother Earth's fair weather friend, but a nice day just makes it easier to leave my car at home. In May, gorgeous Spring flowers provide an extra treat! Since we have had a number of walk worthy days lately, I would like to share a few links that make planning your trip easier:

Berkeley's Bike/Walk map
Walk Oakland ~ Bike Oakland (May 12th is Oakland's Bike to Work Day.)
Open Street Maps (Zoom in -- This map shows walking paths in Kensington, El Cerrito, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, and everywhere else on the planet.)

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Click here for events in the Bay Area. When celebrating, consider leaving the car at home.

Photo courtesy of Robert Mueller.

No comments: