Regardless of where you stand on 2016 Resolutions— it’s okay, we like you just the way you are. It’s your home we should talk about. Home ownership is a stewardship requiring the regular planning and management of your resources. This is the investment that is most visible in your everyday life. Putting your home on your resolution horizon can help keep that investment and the very walls around you shipshape. Here are some suggestions to starting the year off right:
2. Have your furnace inspected. Replace the filter if needed.
3. Have your chimney cleaned and consider installing a clean-air gas insert.
4. Make sure rain gutters and storm drains are clear and working properly to divert water. Extend gutters away from the foundation (but not at your neighbor.)
5. Have your home inspected for wood destroying pests and organisms.
6. Consider a home energy audit and plan for future energy upgrades. Replace 5 light bulbs in your house with energy saving fluorescents.
7. Get graph paper and start planning a drought resistant garden.
8. Start a home improvement savings account.
9. Refinance as rates are expected to rise.
10. Call us Berkeley Hills Realty for a home assessment. We can tell you what your home is worth now and what future improvements are most likely to add value.